The Follow-up Committee of the INTERREG VA Spain-Portugal Cooperation Program (POCTEP) 2014-2020 has approved the extension of the deadline for submitting applications for the First Call for projects until January 22, 2016, the deadline for which is the registration and sending of candidacies in COOPERA 2020 at 2:00 pm (Spanish peninsular time).
Approved by the European Commission (EC), in its Decision C (2015) 893, on February 12, 2015, the INTERREG VA Spain – Portugal Program (POCTEP) 2014-2020 is the direct consequence of the favorable experience that since 1989 has Of course cooperation on the border between the two countries has allowed and that it intends to continue making progress in improving the quality of life of the inhabitants of the Cooperation Area.
The POCTEP 2014-2020 acts in five major areas or thematic objectives:
- Promote research, technological development and innovation
- Improve the competitiveness of small and medium enterprises.
- Promote adaptation to climate change in all sectors.
- Protect the environment and promote the efficiency of resources.
- Improvement of institutional capacity and efficiency of public administration.
The POCTEP contemplates actions in favor of research, development and innovation, such as:
- Research and innovation activities, including the creation of networks.
- Technology transfer and university-business cooperation, especially for the benefit of SMEs.
- Processes of research and innovation in SMEs.
It also includes actions related to business development and the promotion of quality employment:
- Promotion of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship in SMEs.
- Business development of SMEs, support of networks of tutors and support for entrepreneurship and incubation.
- Self-employment, entrepreneurial spirit and creation of companies, including microenterprises and entrepreneurial SMEs.
- Promotion of internationalization.
- Mobility of workers, companies and entrepreneurs.
Likewise, in terms of the environment and energy and ecological infrastructures, the POCTEP foresees measures of:
- Adaptation to climate change and prevention and risk management.
- Development and promotion of the tourism potential of natural spaces.
- Protection and promotion of the assets of culture and natural heritage.
- Treatment of household waste.
- Management and conservation of drinking water.
- Integrated pollution prevention and control.
Finally, the Program provides for other types of actions related to improving the institutional capacity of public administrations and services through cross-border cooperation.